A few months ago I had lunch with a bunch of highschool aged entrepreneurs to give them feedback on their idea.
They were planning on building an energy generating play park for kids.
Now, I don’t mean to come off as a direct poo-pooer of dreams…
… but after 15 minutes of listening to their pitch I decided to ask some questions that I knew were going to shatter their excitement.
- Have you figured out the average time a kid plays on a play park?
- If they did play with your version of a swing, how much energy would it generate?
- Does that amount generate a sizable amount of energy?
- What’s the added cost to build a swing your way vs. the existing way?
- Does the assumed energy production cover the additional cost?